Where is that pregnancy glow?

Ok, I am 22 weeks pregnant and am anxiously awaiting that pregnancy glow us preggos are supposed to get.

Right now I am swollen, have dark circles under my eyes, have acne, spider veins on my hands, have gained tons of weight, have hair that is practically unmanageable... uh.... this is not a pregnancy glow. Where the heck is it?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 5:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Girl.... that only happened when I had a boy, not with my daughter and not this time so I'm thinking it's a girl again! I don't know what your having but sometimes you never glow....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I didn't get the "glow" as it were... The closest thing to it was in the first few weeks (less than 6 weeks in), I would look in the mirror and just "know" something was different about me, thinking maybe it was my skin or my eyes were brighter. After that, HG hit me, and I was hugging the toilet day in and day out for 4 months straight. Even though I was on prenatals, my skin got bad, my hair and nails dried out, I was achey and weak the whole time.

Some of us just get the short end of the stick.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• People would tell me I was "glowing" when I was pregnant but I didn't see it. I was pregnant during the summer and stayed OUT of the sun as much as possible because I couldn't bear the heat so it sure wasn't a tan they were talking about! I think it was because I looked happier and excited. If not, they saw something I never did.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I did not GLOW. I was irritable for 9 months. Does that count?
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The only ones glowing are the people who aren' carrying the baby. I always said that it's not a glow it's sweat. I'm F---ing overheating from carrying this thing! Pregnancy sucks. It's only beautiful to the people who aren't pregnant or those rare few who just love being pregnant. Not for me. I've had two and I love them to death and I'm done!
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 10:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2008