What is your favorite Bible story?

Whether you believe the Bible to be the word of God, you can still have a favorite story. :)

Mine is in Solomon, where the two women who lived together came to him and said that during the night, one of their children had died. They both claimed that the live child was their own. Solomon declared that there was only one solution...that he would divide the child in half, each woman receiving half of the child. One woman cried out, "Please, give her the live child, do not kill him!" The other woman said to divide the child, that they each could take half. Solomon gave the child to the true mother, realizing that a real mother's instincts are to protect her child. she was willing to relinquish her child in order to same him.

I've always loved that story!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• So many! Can't choose just one! Noah,Joseph's trials in Egypt with Potphar's wife, the 10 plagues and crossing the Red Sea, Daniel in the lion's Den, Hananiah, Azariah and Mishael (AKA Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego) thrown into the furnace,.. Absolutely love 2 Kings 6:15-17 where Elisha prays and the eyes of his attendant are opened so that he sees the heavenly army that was on their side. WOW! And also when Jesus healed the leper, touching him when no one else would, and healing the woman with the 12 year flow of blood. What love, compassion and empathy!
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 12:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Mine is Esther. I love that story!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• The Good Samaritan

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• The good Samaritan told by Jesus. Teaches somone alot.
    SuperWoman246

Answer by SuperWoman246 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Mine is Ruth....she worked so long and then married her boss....kinda like me lol
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 12:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I've actually always loved that story as well (Solomon). It's a great story of intelligence, common sense and love! Besides that one, I love the story of Sampson. I've been researching it lately and it's truly fascinating!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My favorite story has always been Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego(however its spelled). Since I was a child and since I dont read the Bible anymore nor am a Christian it will always be my favorite.

I like the faith they had and courage.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I've always loved the Esther story too! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I love Solomon too! So clever and wise. I like Adam and Eve because those chapters have so much more information in them than given credit for.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• OT ... I love the story of Esther.

NT ... The parable of the Prodigal Son.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2010