So I called the doctor

He has put me on complete bedrest, and he can't see me until Wed. because he is on vacation. I'm not mad the man deserves a vacation. BUT he said that I could be miscarrying. Would you go to the ER to find out? Or would you wait until Wed? I have a 15 month old and being on bedrest really isn't an option since my hubby work in the afternoon.

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is there anyone as family or friends that cold come over to help you out with your child? I would wait till wed. to go in.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 11:01 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I could have help today because it's a holiday, but I'm screwed the rest of the week...
    kaylan010

Comment by kaylan010 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think I would be beside myself with worry until Wednesday. I think I would go to the ER.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i would go to the er but thats me, and ive been there 4 times, but the er are wont be able to do anything if you are mc theyll just be able to tell you if you are or not, ive also had one bad experience going where they wouldnt listen or do an us i was 8 wks preg and they said i was 4 bc my hcg was so low and i was bleeding they just kept telling me i was wrong but i had already been to the drs and knew how far along i was so i got no where w them
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have gone to the ER for a miscarriage. They said there is nothing they can do and to go home and wait it out. I would say do as much as you can on bed rest. I have done it twice with my last two pregnancy's. Have your hubby make sure sipy cups are ready in the fridge, snacks close by, diaper and wipes close by if you need them, drinks for you ready. So you don't have to get up much. Sorry and hope things are ok.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• IDK.. but good luck. I personally would wait it out if I was early in the 1st trimester.
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 11:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I dont think i could personally wait....maybe call your doc back and ask if you can just go to the ER.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:31 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would not waste money on the ER. They can't save a miscarriage. I just went to the doctor after I had mine to make sure everything was okay. Also, you may not be having a miscarriage. Doctors can't tell over the phone. I had two docs in the ER tell me I was probably having a miscarriage with my now 5yo. Boy were they wrong! Time will tell!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I went to the ER with my first miscarriage because I was bleeding so heavily and out of control and I really wish I had just stayed home. All they did was an ultrasound and we were alone in the room the rest of the time. I was uncomfortable and an emotional mess. There is nothing they can do for you if that is the case except send you a $500 bill. I hope everything works out for you.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• go to the er it wont hurt to be safe ok
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010