Does anyone have any HEALTHY meal ideas?

I'm trying to make a menu of healthy, nutritious, yet delicious meals...if such a thing exists, lol! J/k, but yea...I'm going grocery shopping in a bit...any suggestions? All will be appreciated and will get a vote up! :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Stop eating the "white" food white bread/rice/pasta and use "brown" foods like whole wheat bread/rice/pasta in the spring time local farmers butcher their cows and pigs, they are always much healthier and cheaper then buying the meat from the store and you have no idea where it came from. For instance we buy a side of beef for $2 lb. so I got Ribeyes/T-bones and burger all for $2 a lb.! once you try it you will not go back to store meat. Anyways... back to more healthy eating ideas... stay away from MSG and high fructose corn syrup
    bake your own goodies and use whole wheat flour. When you make pasta and sauce type dishes use extra virgin olive oil in your water to boil pasta and in your sauce, use fresh garlic too. When you brown ground beef rinse in hot water then return to the pain. you will reduce the fat by 50% by doing this. Use butter not the fake crap.Your body does not recognize it and turns into fat.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Spinach & ham quiche, go crustless if you like
    Salsa chicken - chicken breasts topped with salsa and baked.
    lentil confetti salad (more of a side dish) - 1 c. lentils, 1 c. rice, 1 chopped tomato, 2 stalks celery slices, 1 small onion (diced), 1 grated carrot. Top with Italian dressing (made with olive oil)
    Lentil & barley stew
    thick vegetable stew
    sweet potato & bean burritos, made with whole wheat tortillas
    use cooked & mashed pinto beans or cooked lentils to make taco filling
    Taco soup (no meat)
    Roasted chicken (peel the skin off before eating)
    unbreaded chicken parmesan, served with whole wheat spaghetti pasta
    meatless chili

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My husband and I were told to stop using breads with Enriched flour and eat Wheat flour instead. Also eating wheat pasta and brown rice. I have learned that eating the pasta nad rice now, I don't eat as much as before. Its really good for High Blood pressure some how from what his doctor told him. Salads are great. Chicken salad at that.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 11:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Grilled veggies and fruit salad. Just grill em and then brush 'em with a basalmic glaze.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 6:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have a ton of recipes that are healthy, tasty, easy, family and budget friendly. Send me a message offlist if you would like some

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2010