Should dad's "BABYSIT"

OK so My bf and his mom think that it's only the womans job to take cae of the baby. I work he don't so when i go to wok his mom gets her bc guys should never have the baby. "it's the girls responsibility to have them at all times". I can't do anything without some kind of comments from them. Then i'm so sick of her says well i worked 3rd shift so thet were always sleeping. I would come home get them ready fo school cook. Then i would come home clean up do this do that. I would pick them up make lunch. Then we would lay down take a nap. Thats the only sleep i got which was only like 3 hrs (BS). I would wake up make dinner clean up and do it all over again. Igrew up diffrent than that. So is it ok for DADS to keep the kids?

ops11210

Asked by ops11210 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• That's crap! If he's not working,he should be getting off his ass and watching the baby.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If he's not able to provide income for the moment, then yes; he should babysit for you while you bring home the money. Let him know until he find a job, you guys need to save money and he watch the child.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thats what i say but it's like i leaveand his mom comes and gets her bc it's so wrong for him to have her.
    ops11210

Comment by ops11210 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• That is total crap. AND it is not called BABYSITTING...it is called PARENTING when it is your own child. How is your child ever supposed to have a relationship with her father if he is not part of the child raising process.

I would totally put my foot down. Also, I don't kow why he doesn't work, but that also needs to be fixed ASAP.....
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• HE should be taking care of the kids while your working. His mother needs to butt out! If your working and he isn't doing anything then he needs to get off his high horse and do something. Tell him to get a freaking job if he doesn't want to take care of the kids.

It takes two to tango so it takes you two to take care for the kids when the other works!
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Your boyfriend is a loser as is his mom. You need to quit putting up with your situation and demand better from him. If he won't stop being lazy then move on.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• He is not babysitting. He is helping take care of his own children.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• that is what dating is for.... to determine if a man has the same beliefs and life goals.... if he does and you are in love.. THEN you get married and THEN you have kids.

Obviously you choose to do things differently... so THIS IS the father of your child.  WHy are you complaining? YOU chose this life for yourself and your child.  So best to figure out how to live with in the life YOU chose and not waste your time complaining about it.

Find the good... the baby has a loving grandmother to take care of it while you work.  Father IS in the picture... he didnt leave you flat.  You have a job and a healthy child.  Focus on the GOOD... this IS the life YOU chose.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Of course it's ok. It's babysitting when it's not your child. It's parenting when it is your child.
    But this is why I would never have a child with a "boyfriend"
    And this is why I would never have a child with a person that I didn't know well enough to know in advance that they held these absurd beliefs
    And this is why I would never have a child with a person who holds such absurd beliefs and feels such a lack of responsibility
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Y i agree i HATE calling it babysitting. And the sad part is she thinks the world of him. He comes in and her face lights up. He says he is tring to find a job but i am thinking he is full of sh**.
    ops11210

Comment by ops11210 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2010