1st baby- can anyone have a 3d u/s or only if something wrong? Also, when can can you get one?

I have seen them before and I want one done, if possible.

barbie3784

Asked by barbie3784 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can have a 3D ultrasound if you hospital has them. Some have to ask for them. Also find out if your insurance will cover them.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You may have to pay for it out of pocket

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i paid for mine. it was at a special ultrasound place it was not a medical facility. i just googled it online. some hospitals do offer though. it was so awesome to see how the baby would look like and at the facility there was a big screen so you can invite family. and they made sure you were under the care of a physician. enjoy
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I did what lambdarose did! It ws awesome!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my sono tech switches it to 3d/4d everytime and ive had an us every 4 weeks, i think it just depends on the office or your insurance the office will know if youre covered
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Go to Womb with a view....I searched it on yahoo....I had a 3D ultrasound done for fun...It's not covered by insurance but it's not as expensive as you may think and they give you pictures and a dvd with all the pictures. It was really nice I'm glad I did it. They like you to do them when your a little further along. I think it was between 27 and 33 weeks or something like that.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks everyone. I go on the 10th so I will ask about it. I want to get one so bad!
    barbie3784

Comment by barbie3784 (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• They usually don't do them unless needed. They do them for measurements and to check heart valves and spine. With 4d ultrasound it's a little harder to do that. I see places in the mall that do it and there's another place down the road from me that does them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks for the info. My 2 friends that have had them have all been covered by insurance and they thankfully had one by request and not because the doctor thought something was wrong. I can definitely wait. I just would love to have that picture. I know a lot of people who do not like their pregnancy pics, but I love to scrapbook and have saved all my ultrasound pics and pregnancy pics so that when the baby is born I am able to put a scrapbook together.
    barbie3784

Comment by barbie3784 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You will have to pay out of pocket. Also if you go to place that isn't a doctor's office, remember that they are not able to tell you accurately if something is wrong or not, but many of them try anyway.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010