Cafemom for Sale have you heard this?

Yahoo is looking to acquire CafeMom, a social network of sorts for moms, for $100 million, Kara Swisher at All Things D reports.

CafeMom thinks it's worth much more, like $200 million, according to Kara. She also says Disney is looking at buying CafeMom.

CafeMom said it was profitable on its Web site and sources said its revenues were about $25 to $30 million annually. It says it has 6.7 million unique visitors on its primary site, with 18.7 million on related sites. It serves up 100 million monthly pageviews.

This would be the second biggish recent purchase from Yahoo. It spent $100 million buying Associated Content earlier this year

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/yahoo-wants-to-buy-cafemom-for-100-million-2010-8#ixzz0yKkXHr5l

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Hi Moms_Angels1960,

You'll probably be interested in reading THIS POST. It is posted in the CafeMom Discussion group.

We hope you have a great Labor Day!

``The CafeMom Admin Team

CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I hope Disney doesn't buy it. They'd whitewash it and we couldn't speak our minds!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Either way, it doesn't really matter ... the owners will get bored with this site the same way they got bored with ClubMom (yes, same people) and eventually they'll dismantle this one in favor of a new project of the day, the same way they did with the other.
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 11:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have not heard this.. Thanks for the heads up
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 11:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• What will happen if another company buys it?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• YAY IT"S JUST A RUMOR
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• NO!!!
    AM-BRAT

Answer by AM-BRAT at 11:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• we are worthy~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks CafeMom team I had just read this it didn't say it was rumors that's why I posted the link also. We know you are always doing what is best for us,Thanks for providing the other link too so I could read it I will post that in the other group that I 1st read this in so they can be arware also.
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2010