Constipation at 30 weeks

I have tried the Miralax that the OB told me was safe. I have drank Apple Juice and Eaten Prunes. I am not having a lot of luck. She said that some women stay this way until the end of pregnancy with little relief but I would really love some relief. Do you have any ohter ideas?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 11:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just keep drinking the juices and prune juice. I will say, with my first was the same way. Everything I did did not help. good luck, I understand the feeling.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have been eating the fiber one bars with the juice and walking that seems to help me.
    lisanrich

Answer by lisanrich at 11:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yep. Lots of fiber, juice and prunes.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Just keep drinking juice. Cranberry juice helps me but I have to continuously drink it. Staying active also helps. Try going for a walk to a nearby store then getting a few things you need (maybe even drinking some juice while you're there) and hope that something comes!
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When I was pregnant I got a stomach virus and for two weeks was really sick. I couldn't keep anything in my stomach. Then as it went away I got so constipated nothing relieved it. My doctor told me that he didn't recommend anything other than stool softeners or fruit juice or fiber cereals. I was so past that point he finally told me to try a Fleet Enema. That was the only thing that worked. You might call your doctor and ask if you can do that. I had no ill effects from it and honestly, I have never heard of just suffering through the last month or two constipated. Eveentually something has to give because it's just misery that you don't need to suffer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• it does not mean any thing is wrong with your baby they did it with my DD because at 28 weeks the baby has a well formed face so they may just be doing it so they can give you a nice picture of your baby.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I was the same way from the beginning of my pregnancy and it still hasn't changed and my son is 19 months and he has suffered with sever constipation since he was about a month old. I hope you find some relief...
    desisue0131

Answer by desisue0131 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010