Yogi "Get Regular" tea okay while pregnant?

I used it before while on the master cleanse and it was awesome for keeping things moving? Haha. Well now that I'm pregnant things are slowing down even though I'm making sure to eat my veggies and trying to stay healthy.

Anyone used it before? I won't have my doctor's appointment until 8 weeks so I have some time to wait to ask questions like this. I've quit drinking coffee and soda which helped before as well.

ours

Asked by ours at 11:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i'm not sure, i've never heard of that tea. i had the same problem though, during my pregnancy and I was miserable. i wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone! My midwife suggest Nux Vomica for that, along with a lot of other symptoms. i took it about 5 times a day. It helped for a while but around my 3rd trimester I didn't really notice any difference. I'm not sure if its because of all the pressure that was down there or if my body got used to it and stopped responding or what. It really help me for awhile, though, so i'd at least ask your doctor about it.although doctor's are less apt to suggest those types of remedies. If there's a midwifery around, you could probably call and ask them. I've never known a midwife to turn any pregnant woman away when she has a question.n
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 12:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'd be very careful with herbs while pregnant, especially at this early in the game

But what worked for me was Dried Plums. aka Prunes. You can buy them with cherry or orange flavor and they are really good. 5 - 7 the first day, then maintain with 3 - 4 every day after that.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yep. Prunes. they are yummy. Unlike prune juice.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'mma go ahead and agree with the PP's,..prunes are the BEST for preggo's with lazy digestive systems. Herbs can be pretty powerful, and people often don't realize they can be just as harmful as chemical drugs.
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 11:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010