how can i get my 2 year old who is picky to eat more meat?

Singlemom0f1

Asked by Singlemom0f1 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have the same problem. My DH wont eat meat! I tried the spaghetti chef boyardee (sp?) meals and she likes those just fine! They have meat in them. Also you can try spam in mac and cheese? Just give it time your child will probably grow out of this phase :]
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 11:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• by giving less of other things

by giving meat first and then giving other things after the meat is eaten
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• his father gives him chicken fingers and junk food all the time on the weekends when he has him. hes eaten half a burger by dipping it in yogurt but if i give him yogurt with everything he just wants the yogurt. if its not what he wants then he wont eat it. i hate to have him go hungry
    Singlemom0f1

Comment by Singlemom0f1 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You can't.... and the fact that they don't eat much meat isn't a bad thing. My DD eats very little meat but loves cheese, yogurt, etc. - the only meat she will eat is chicken fingers and cheeseburgers. How kids it's often a texture thing. Half a burger is a lot for a two year old really. Our Doc says that a good thing that DD prefers yogurt to meat. As long as he is getting protein from other sources it's not a bad thing at all - in fact it's a pretty healthy way to eat!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• chef boyardee and spam are NOT the types of meat a child should be eating. They need lean meats, or they are better off with non at all. As Morgian said, it's not a bad thing that your child does not eat meat.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My son loves turkey (deli turkey, balogna, ham, any lunch meat he calls turkey) and crackers, or with mustard on a sandwich. He'll eat two in a sitting on a good day, but getting him to eat anything else is next to impossible. I don't force the issue, when he's hungry, he'll eat. I always have something ready in case. good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My son wouldn't touch meat until he was around six, his Dr. told me not to try to force it, and to make sure he eats protien from another source. He loved peanut butter so that is what he wanted instead of meat. My son is 17 now and he is totally healthy, and now usually the first to grab steak, chicken, you name it. Try not to become frustrated over this it will pass
    mimi66

Answer by mimi66 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my son likes hotdogs, cut up small of course, salsbury steak, chicken nuggets, beef stew and thats about it for the meat group :( dont worry its just a phase.
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You cant, my kids dont care for meat at all but its fine with me, all the nutrients found in meat can be found in other foods so it isnt a problem at all
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Im just trying to get my son to eat more then just the same foods all the time but it doesnt help when his father doesnt work with me and gives him junk food all the time
    Singlemom0f1

Comment by Singlemom0f1 (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010