What would you do?

It's my husbands bday in a couple days and i asked if he wanted me to make him a cake or if he wanted me to order one and he said... Well if you do make it i don't want it to be dry and then he said he really didn't care if i did anything for him. Would you be angry? And would you do anything for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd be upset. I'd make him one if he didn't like it then screw him.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 11:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• LOL... I guess I would buy one. Perhaps you simply arent too good a baking cakes.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i'd go ahead and make one, and if he didn't like it, it'd probably end up all over him, then i'd go for a walk long enough for him to realize what a jerk he'd been.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 12:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• awe heck anon... really is this the hill you want to die on? its his birthday. sure it could have been said better... perhaps... "honey Id love for you to bake a cake... maybe you could try a new recipe for something different"  but men are usually direct.  Be honest... are your cakes dry??

Dont pout over this.... just buy a cake.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Just buy a cake. It is his bday. Get him a nice card/gift. Never bring this up again. If you are not good at baking, that is fine, but your hubby should not have to eat a dry cake, just because you want to make one for him.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 12:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• LOL! Make him a penis shaped cake. LMAO!
    Just kidding.
    Buy a cake if yours are dry. Or, if you do make one, then add a little extra oil. Although, I'm not sure how they would be dry.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My DH used to say such things and one day I gave him what he said he wanted, NOTHING. He has been a gracious receiver ever since. Do what he said and do nothing. Next year may be a turn around. :)
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Add applesauce in place of the oil maybe that's why they are dry or you are baking them too long. But if he said it didn't matter he might get nothing from me then we'd see what he thought
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'd just go buy one and give him a good birthday. That way next year he'll have good memories instead of bad ones of you guys fighting over a dumb cake.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• putting a little pudding into the cake mix will make it nice and moist, you can try that...or you can. Buy one :)
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 8:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010