• In the Spotlight:

Can You Squish The Baby?

I'm 26 Weeks... N' I just got off a LONG day at work and walked in and was so happy to see my boyfriend I plopped down tummy first on to the couch... Don't know what my big but was thinking... can that hurt the baby....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no there is enough "padding" there so baby is fine
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• it can if you just plounce on it, but then again maybe not. it dependson ow hard you do it. if u feel any pains or bleedingi would go to er
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• When I was about 32 weeks I fell tummy first on the floor. I was fine, the baby was fine. Is your placenta in front or in back do you know? If you do, the doctor said that the worry with it being in the front is that it may separate from the uterine wall. Otherwise, odds are you are fine. If you are in pain that seems abnormal or if you start bleeding I would definately get checked.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The baby is really well protected. Pretty much if it doesn't hurt you, it won't hurt the baby.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 6:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008