If at first you don't succeed?

Now Obama is calling for at LEAST $50 billion in infastructure spending stimulus. Why can't these progressive/liberals learn?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100906/D9I2DUV01.html

rehabilitating or reconstructing 150 miles of airport runways, while also installing a new air navigation system designed to reduce travel times and delays.

This reminds me of a time when a certain someone was going to make the trains run on time. He failed too. The trains still never ran on time.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Oh I don't understand what is so bad about repairing or reconstructing runways? Or maybe you never fly and don't care if the runways are broken? You are really scraping the bottom of the barrell here,Carpy. But,nice try.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• And the navigation system....kinda convenient when planning the landings and take-offs,right?
    And preventing delays and mix-ups. I guess you don't fly......I do ...a lot....I get out in the world. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You are really scraping the bottom of the barrell here,Carpy. But,nice try.

This is overflowing from the top gertielou, but nice attempt at deflecting from the fact that they are going to borrow and spend even MORE money that we can't afford to get the same failed results.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

again, over your head. Try looking up at least once in a while. I have flown many, many times.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• LOL! Which airports are going to get the "makeovers?" It won't be many! Our local airport redid 1..that is ONE runway and spent more than $25 million. That 150 miles is only a handful of runways.

Besides, where is the money going to come from? Is BO going to pull it out of his ass? No, it will need to be BORROWED and we can't afford any more borrowing right now. It is time to tighten the proverbial belt, not let it out another notch.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• gertielou lol

I am not surprised Carpy..in order to fundamentally change our system first there must be a foundation in mind,we know what that foundation is to Barry and crew, then make the current go totally bust..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When a family is broke and doesn't have money for food, they don't repave the driveway. They worry about getting their budget in line to keep the family afloat.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• How did I know exactly what your title was referring to? LOL Typical, and the Republicans will be labeled as not caring once again because they are doing what little they can do to stop the wasteful spending in Washington.
    I sure hope the majority of Americans are laughing at this proposal. More wasteful spending with no real help in sight. If the massive spending stimulus they touted as the fixer didn't work what makes them think this will work?

Gertie, there is nothing wrong with doing some of these things in this proposal WHEN YOU HAVE THE MONEY AND ARE NOT TRYING TO PULL THE WOOL OVER AMERICAS EYES. These things will not add more than a handful of jobs(if any) and they will not cut the deficit. BAD IDEA !
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• That should have been included in the first bill. If there's still extra money, then it should go towards infrastructure repair instead of sitting there collecting interest for the Chinese.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010