Should I have my babies right away or should I space them out about one year or so?

Should I emmediatly get pregnant after I have just had a baby? I am thinking that my husband and I should wait about a year or two between each child and then try for onother one.

Teddy141

Asked by Teddy141 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Personally I wouldn't be able to handle a bunch of little kids and babies at once! But people do it, obviously. It's really a personal decision. Just make sure you're ready if you decide to do it right away!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My philosophy is one out of diapers before the next. Ultimately it is a personal decision.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• That depends on you and the family dynamic that you want. My children are 6 years apart, my SIL's children are about 13 months apart. We both struggle but in different ways. We have a lot of help from our older child, but he also wants to do a lot of things that we can't do because of the baby, like go out to the movies the three of us like we used to. I think he blames the baby for a lot of that. My sister has to diaper two children at the same time and has to handle two infants in every endeavor.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It's up to you. I have a 2.5 year old, 17 month old, and I'm 18 weeks pregnant with my third (baby is due 3 weeks before my sons 3rd bday, and second DS will be about 22 months when the baby gets here)...we're all done and I'm having a tubal ligation during my c-section. It's nice, but I go crazy some days. I like the idea of getting it all done though. I do know *medically* speaking the American Academy of Obstetrics and Gynecologists recommend waiting 18 months between the birth of a baby, and conception of another child for your sake really...to replenish nourishment into your body, from vitamins you lost through childbirth, pregnancy, and breastfeeding pretty much. My OB told me though as long as I'm taking my vitamins you'd be ok.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my opinion.....i had my daughter first whos now 3 almost 4 and i just had a little baby boy 8 months ago and she is soooooo jealous of him...i wish i wouldve had them closer in age all my friends babies were 1 yr apart and get along so goood....my daughter hates my son.....if u can handle little ones i say have them both close in age easier for u and theyll become the best of friends
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I like my 3 year space better than my 20 month space, we got preggers on our oldest 1st birthday. My boyd hadn't fully recovered from being preggers and we shouldn't have gotten pregnant so soon. It usually takes a body a full year to come back from a pregnancy.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My DD will be almost 3 when the baby is born. We started trying when she was 1 but things did not go our way. If it had been up to me I would have had another baby by the time my DD was 2 but it is really up to you and how close you want your kids to be in age
    Anonymous

• i would wait at least two years if i could do it again. i have a 2yr old and a 2 month old, it would be a lot easier if i had waited for my oldest to be potty trained. He is at that terrible two stage.puppy

jewilson08

Answer by jewilson08 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2008