So Long Summer: What was your most memorable Back-to-School experience?

Answer 10 of CafeMom Team's So Long Summer Questions this Labor Day Weekend and win a Virtual Vacation award for your Answers profile page.

Ask your own, and then link to it from this group post, for some extra sunshine.

Learn more in the Answers Group.

CafeMom Team

Asked by CafeMom Team at 12:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in

• Buying back to school clothes I loved shopping for clothes
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• the new friends you start to make in class the first day!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 12:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Hmm lets see if I can remember that far back... oh I remember. Riding my bike to school with my dad on his on his way to work. That was a fun memory for me. I was in grade school then.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Moving my 3 children 90 miles into family housing at a large university to attend grad school. I was a single mother and we were going from living in a large home in suburia to living in 700 square feet. It was that or homeless. The birth of my youngest son, then 2, left me disabled (and divorced). I exhausted ways to stay in our home. Voc Rehab payed for me to go to grad school and for our rent for family housing. It was very frightening!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When I became a teacher myself I was very nervous my first day. Now, my son loves to ask me what I did in school today after I ask him. It's great.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When we moved a state away. The kids were in 4th grade and kindergarten. It was of course, more tough on me than them though!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• wen i started my new school and when we moved to our new house it was a fresh start i was so scared but everything worked out good
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• pickin out my 1st day outfit an getting everything in my bookbag ready to go!
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 1:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• The one thing that sticks out to me is how nervous I was on my first day of junior high.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 1:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Probably the first day of Jr High. It was exciting.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010