Is it okay to let my baby sleep with a bib on?

He drools a lot in his sleep and always wakes up soaking wet!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was always afraid they would get it hung on something and get choked....but I am paranoid ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It depends on the child. They drool alot and they get wet. You can't stop it. I have found even with a bib my DD clothes get soaked. It wouldn't make a difference with us.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Babies drool, it's part of their job. As for the bib, I wouldn't do it. Babies also have a natural tendency to suckle in their sleep. What if he started sucking the ties, and he could possibly choke. If it was pinned around his neck, it could flip up and he might suffocate. I don't mean to scare you, but I really don't think it's a good idea AT ALL. I would lay an extra blanket on the mattress/crib, and just be prepared to pick up a wet, drooly kid in the morning.
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I wouldnt do it.

I agree with mom2twobabes.
    They can hang themself with the bibs. Im paranoid too. But i never want to risk anything. If they drool then they drool. The bib wont stop them and after a while it get thru the bib also .
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I always took my son's off if he fell asleep.
    heartlineMama

Answer by heartlineMama at 6:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• uhhh give u credit on making sure ur babys clothes dont get all drooly and all but uhhh lol I tihkn that might be a step towards clean freak mania lol....i wouldnt do it...alot of people are lucky and bad things dont happen to them...im the type of person to believe that it can always skip the person by me and happen to me...dont do it!
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i wouldnt
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• No it is probaly not safe. I would not do it. I would keep an extra pair of jammies handie at night to keep him dry.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• At the daycare where I worked and where my daughter still does, we were required to take off the bib before letting the baby nap. before we rocked the baby to sleep, we always removed the bib. This is to ensure that the baby does not get strangled with the bib.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I wouldnt let him sleep with it because they can strangle themselves but thats just me
    kaylie_08

Answer by kaylie_08 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2008