Have you ever laughed and felt like a bad mommy?

My oldest son was on his way back to his room from the restroom when all of a sudden he gave a loud, howling yelp.

Turning around, I asked, "What happened, baby?"

Adriyan: I hurt myself!

Me: How?

Adriyan: I hit myself in the pee-pee!!

Me: !!!!!O.O!!!!! *tries desperately not to laugh* snicker *fail*

So, mommies, has your children ever told you something that you REALLY shouldn't laugh at but you just can't help it for a second?

PaganMommy04

Asked by PaganMommy04 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Definitely but I rarely feel bad. When my son walks into a wall (he's 9) yeah its funny. We didn't just put that there. Or when they fall down over invisible lines. They have my natural grace I guess. A couple of weeks ago we were at a greek festival and my 6 y/o kept going down an inflatable water slide/bounce house. To get out of it you had to scootch out a little hole. Each and every time plop on his butt into a puddle he went.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• oh yeah plenty of times..... its like awe i know your hurt but its sooo cute kind of laugh...
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 1:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My son threw his first tantrum in a store and all I could do was laugh!! People were looking at me like I was crazy!
    desisue0131

Answer by desisue0131 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• YES! haha But if I do laugh, more with my nephews bc they are older, I tell them why I am laughing and sometimes they laugh and sometimes I say sorry for laughing.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If he isnt seriously injured and I laugh then no I dont feel bad. I laugh even when I stub my own toe. But when he just stubs a toe or something I laugh so he knows its not that big of a deal. Obviously if it is a serious injury there isnt anything funny about that.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My dd does that all the time I just laugh and she'll say it's not funny mommy and I say but I can't help it you said it so funny then I settle down and take care of the business that needs to be
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my daughter is 7 weeks and i laugh at her a lot and yes i feel bad...her frustration is just funny because she has a temper already...and its funny when she poops and turns all kinds of colors...i took a pic of her poop face and sent it to people lol
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• lol When my oldest song (almost two) does something stupid that results in a bump or something I tend to laugh. It doesn't make us bad parents.. It's just funny.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Definitely..especially during disciplining (sometimes..not always there)..
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 5:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yeah... i dont feel bad though. my son laughs at me when i stubb my toe
    mikeysmom87

Answer by mikeysmom87 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010