What are your favorite cheap activities?

My 19 month old needs to be stimulated in the morning or she's a terror. She loves to go for walks and car rides, and she likes to play in the sandbox. But with colder weather coming I need some ideas for indoor activities and crafts. She loves to play with Play-Doh, but not for long periods of time. We finger paint occasionally, and color. Anything you can tell me is appreciated!

Jmum

Asked by Jmum at 6:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When she loves to go for walk what stops you? I go out with my daughter for walks every day. It has to rain really bad before I stay at home with her.

But if its only cold, well she got jackets and me too :) She just loves it too much to go for walks and in the sandbox.

Get some puzzles or make a "sing-"/"dance-" party with her. I love to sing and dance with my girl. We play with her toys and learn to paint. Doesnt work well yet, but we are trying. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Maybe there's a Baby Excercise video that you could do together. Play hide-n-seek, or Search N Find; where you hide something and have her go for it, like "I spy" only she can't just see it, she has to find it. When my daughter was really young, I'd give her the really big Duplo blocks, and tell her, find all the reds. Or blues. Or whatever. Then I'd hide three of them (in plain sight, of course) in the living room, and we'd treasure hunt for them. It only takes a few minutes, really; but to her it was stimulating quality time with Mommy. Have fun!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• How about making a snow man inside with her. I did this with my DD last year and she loved it.

What you need.
    Empty water bottles
    cotton balls
    glue
    Google eyes
    and some fuzzy balls for buttons

Glue the cotton balls on the bottle, then glue the eyes and buttons on they make cute decorations for christmas time and they are fun to make plus they can be used every year for decorations
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Get one of those plastic tubs that's meant to slide under your bed, fill it with, rice, beans, sand, whatever you want, and give her bowls, spoons, small toys to play with in it.

Put her in her high chair and put whipped cream all over it, let her play in it however she wants.

Give her a wet rag and let her clean the walls!! LOL....I do this with my grandkids, they really think they are helping and they love doing it. They just wipe where ever they want...hey what ever they can do is less cleaning for me! LOL
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008