If you and your husband were done having children...

would you get a tubal ligation or make him get a vasectomy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I would perfer him to get a vasectomy but I'm pretty sure I will be getting my tubes tied since I can't force him to do it.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 6:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had a tubal ligation. Not because he refused the vasectomy but because I chose to go ahead right after the birth of our last child to have it. I don't think you can "make" a man get a vasectomy. They normally are pretty freaked out when it comes to someone clipping at their nads. lol Plus, most are big babies anyway. :O)
    Anonymous

• My hubby has agreed to get the vasectomy. I will have carried the children, birthed the children, nursed the children. It will be his medical contribution to our child bearing (or non child bearing). :)
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• if you get yours done and change you mind you can't reverse it but his you can. so i would get his done. i really don't think i would get either done. just stick with birth control. good luck trying to convince him though.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Neither.

I would just keep using protection.

Dont get me wrong, I love my husband. We are very happy. But im only 24yrs old. Nobody knows whats going on in 1o years.

Of course I hope we will still be happily married. But what if not? What if he has someone new or i have someone new?!.. I actually dont want to think about it. hehe.

But before im not 35-40 i wont think of vasectomy or getting my tubes tied :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• lol I guess I shouldn't have said "make him". I guess I really meant "would you rather him". Thanks for the answers though!
    Anonymous

• Vasectomy....I have done my part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think it's only fair for him to be the one to get it done, and he agreed to have it done once, but his brother in law had it done, and his buddies swelled up the size of soft balls and now my husband is to scared to have it done. I think they called in elephantitis. Anyhow, if he wants to do it he can, if we accidentally ended up pregnant again, I would probably have it done after birth.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 6:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Hmm.. I agree with mom2twobabes... It was a rough time going through my pregnancy.. I had gestational diabetes, etc.. then I had a c-section and that was rough recovering from that, too. I'd definitely try to talk him into having a vasectomy since I've heard the procedure is A LOT easier than a tubal ligation!

anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Neither, we are too young to be making decisions like that. Plus even though they say a vasectomy is reversible it costs more then 10,000 dollars and it is not 100 percent.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2008