Today is one week that he left ....

He said in therapy that he is closing the chapter. He does not want to work it out I'm trying to find a 2nd job have been lucky to get 3 job interviews. Had one already I keep telling myself that things happen for a reason but I am angry lonely and miss him.How can I even miss him after he hurt me so much. My girls are both affected by the situation but he doesn't want to feel guilty. He moved in with a female co-worker because he could not afford anything else I think he's full of shit. I really need some words of inspiration I wish I could just rip him out of my heart and forget about the 12 yrs we shared

jenlesly

Asked by jenlesly at 1:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Stay strong for your babies. It's not going to go away overnight but the hurt will lessen with time.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think the very best thing you can do for yourself is to use this time to really objectively look at the mistakes you made in the choosing of this man. There were probably some obvious signs from the very beginning that should have tipped you off to the fact that he would one day just walk away. The problem is that we are so much in love that we either fail to see those signs or we believe that our love is so strong that it will either negate or change all the negatives. That never happens when the weaknesses are issues of character, which they almost always are. So, if you can be objective enough to name those things now that you should have seen then, it will keep you from ever repeating those mistakes again. I, too, believe that everything happens for a reason. So ask yourself what you can learn from this and then allow yourself some time to heal, and it could be the best thing that ever happened to you!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• The pain will take time to go away but your children need you more than he needs you...please take care of yourself and the best to you will finding better job opportunities

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• 12 years?? OMG!! Thats history in the making right there. yes i know it will be very hard to let go, but you will always have the good memories. It iwll take time before the hurt goes away. For your girls, just always let them know they were not the cause of him leaving. They seem to think that and then believe it. Terrible thing for a child to think that they were the cause of the leaving. In time, there will someone out there looking for you. I have been married 2x before and now i have found my Knight and Shining Armor. Took awhile but it happened. Had to move 476 miles to get to him thou. And in my life, it all happened for a reason. I believe that you can find happiness again.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 1:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Get a good lawyer and get some child support ASAP!!!! Sorry you are going thru this... in the long run you will be better of... I know it's hard to get to that place. Hang in there and put your energies into your kids... then need you now more then ever!!! ((((((hugs))))))

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010