when should i get my period after a miscarriage

I had a miscarriage a week ago.. I didn't have a baby growing i just had a sac and it was 4wks but i was 6wks.. i have since stoped bleeding. My question is how long will it take for me to get my period.. My ob told me that i could ttc again after one cycle. I just can't wait to start my cycle so we can start trying again....

coltonmommy

Asked by coltonmommy at 6:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Every woman is different, but generally you can expect to get your period in four to six weeks. Some women get their period just a couple weeks later, while some women do not get their period for three or more months. Your specific situation will be different than any other womans. So, when do I start counting from now until four weeks, you might ask? You should expect to get your period about four weeks after a D&C and you might expect to see your period around six weeks after a miscarriage that did not require a D&C. Remember that what is normal really varies widely, but if something doesnt feel right or it has been more than 12 weeks you might want to put a call into your doctor to be sure that all is well.

Printed from: http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/when-to-expect-your-period-after-a-miscarriage/
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had a D*C and it was very strange,

I bled for awhile just like having a child, it took around 6 weeks, or so to get the period, but when i did have it..it wasnt the same, the first time around, it was horrible, and heavy,

I had a natural miscarriage and it was about a month or so until i had my real peirod,
    and it was light, normal but...a little clotty TMI I KNOW,
    Anonymous

• it took me 2 months
    teonia35

Answer by teonia35 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• when i had a mc i started trying agen straight away it does make any diffrence it just eaier for doc to work out how far gone u are plusi think u are more fertile aswell !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2008