i think my baby has reflux...

besides getting to the doc and putting her on some kind of med, what can i do? ive tried gripe water but not with every bottle and i cant tell if its working...also, what are some of the symptoms?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our son has reflux too.. Signs that we noticed were constant spit up and vomit, arched his back and screamed when he was being burped, and spitting up over 1 hour after feeding. We hold him upright after every feeding for at least 30 mins and we try not to move him around alot. Gripe water works great for frequent hiccups (another sign of reflux). Before we had my son I was against having an infant on meds but then the doc explained to us how painful reflux is and how it can do permanent damage to his esophogus. Needless to say he is on Prevacid (7.5mg 2 times a day) and bethanechol to keep his stomach contents down.. We also switched to Similac RS because it's thicker (Ready to feed is so much easier). Good luck and I would recommend getting it under control sooner than later!
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 3:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My daughter had reflux and the symptoms she was having was ALOT of spitting up!! She would eat a bottle and she wouldnt spit up when I burped her but a little after that she would burp and it would come up, she hasnt had it since she was 11 monthes but still to this day when I hear her burp I still look or get a rag lol... And also she would cry when she would do it like it was hurting. It wasnt everytime but sometimes. The doctor sent her for a xray and it didnt show it but they did the one with the dye that they drink from a bottle and it was positive and so she put her on a light dose of meds and she was right it went away by the time she was one...
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010