What do I do?

My sister and I are both pregnant. We both used fertility meds to concieve. We both are having triplets. I am due 10 weeks earlier than my sister. But my sister is 16. I am 24. I am married, and financially very well to do. I am a stay at home mom, and my husband and I are fully able to take care of our children. My sister stole her mothers fertility drugs, because she wanted to get pregnant with "lots of babies at once". She is 16, in high school, with no job, no idea who the dad is, and she is now HIV positive. She told us she slept with 7 different guys during the time she got pregnant. My parents are at a loss. They can't take care of 4 children, three of the infants. My sister has a very low GPA, so she won't get any scholarships. She has no prospects, no plan, and no idea of what it will be like to raise three babies at a time. What do I do? Do I sue for custody of the babies? Do I have her move in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• If I were you, I wouldn't sue for custody as you are having triplets yourself. I also would not ask her to move in with you. I would ask your parents to try to get full custody of the babies as there is definitely no way your sister can take care of/support the four of them at one time unless she makes one hell of a drastic change.
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 1:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• IF you and your SO can have her move in I think that is very brave and smart of you. Set strong ground rules for her, have her sign a contract stating you will go for custody of her kids and kick her out if she doesn't follow the rules. Make her get a job. You are strong and I think your husband and you will be a blessing to the babies! Good luck! I will pray for all of you.

She can also give the 7 names to the state child services and they will do paternity testing.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Have her move in but make her be responsible for the children and herself.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• she was 16 and using drugs to get preg!!! what the shes too young to be on fertility drugs!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 1:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i have no idea what to say omg teens can be sooo stupid sometimes!!!! ugh that makes me worry so much about her babies... poor things....
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 1:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• whoa....that is so crazy! No offense, but your sister seems a bit whacko. If i were your mom, i would get in contact with all the boy's parents & tell them that there is a 1/7 chance that they are the father of triplets.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• rolling on floordiggin deep today

sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Any 16 year old who uses fertility medication to get pregnant is not right in the head and could likely be proven incompetent in a court of law. I don't see how you will be able to provide for essentially sextuplets either.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 1:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Contact adoption agencys. The BEST thing she could do is give them to people who CAN care for them and raise them properly. , Young, stupid, no job or father and HIV positive is NOT fit to be a parent!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I know this will sound harsh, and that she is your sister, but Why do YOU have to do something? Her actions have shown she is not going to be a capable parent. If Her mother was trying to have a baby, let her worry about it. It sounds like you will have your hands full yourself. I get that you what to do the right thing, but really, this is not your problem. Your babies and your husband will need you.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010