Length of time between having children?

My husband and I are thinking of trying to get pregnant again. Our first daughter is 15 months now so that would make her 24-25 months when I would deliver IF I were to get pregnant right away (like I did last time). What do you think is the ideal length of time between kids? Is 2 years enough, or should we wait longer? Thanks everyone for your input!

chloesmom714

Asked by chloesmom714 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i can only speak for myself. My daughter is 15months as well.

I do not feel ready for another child yet. I want to enjoy as much as possible with her. If i would get pregnant again I would be so busy with the new pregnancy. I would be afraid of missing time with my little girl.

Im only 24yrs old... so i want to wait at least 5 more years. Maybe 7-8 years. I'm not sure yet. But right now I dont want to have another child.

There is no ideal length of time between kids though. Every couple makes their own decision and every couple is different.

If you guys want a new baby, then go for it. Thats great. :) And i wish you good luck xD
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• well there is exactly 1 year and 4 days between my kids....and truthfully I'm glad we did it as close as we did, this way my oldest is not old enough to understand jealousy or a sibling and then when they're older they'll be close in age so they'll be friends and plus we'll get one out of diapers and the next one right after the first...just easier to me to go ahead and get it out of the way. Yeah maybe one day we'll have just one more, but truthfully I'm glad we did our first 2 right away. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 7:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Well I don't think there is a "best age difference.." Some have waited years, some have waited literally months before getting pregnant again. I think 2 years is just fine, as my sister and I are 2 years apart. My son was one when we conceived, so go with what you guys feel, anytime is perfect to add to the family :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 7:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i have 15 month old TWINS and DH and i are TTC for baby #3 in Dec. i am a SAHM and will be able to enjoy the twins just as much pregnant as i would if i weren't pregnant. i want to have my kids close together and i am more than ready for the challenge. if this is what is best for YOUR family, then i say GO FOR IT! and good luck!! :)
    xoxo
    Anonymous

• I have a 16-month-old daughter, and we are in our third month of TTC. We wanted our kids to be about two years apart. If you feel ready, I say go for it.
    Anonymous

• My daughter will be, 2 years and 2 months when her little sister is born, id rather have them close in age,

my SIL had her son and her daughter almost 8 years apart, i dont like the idea,
    she complains that after she did everything she has to do it all over again ,

And myself having a sister 7 years older than myself,
    I wasnt close with her, and still not close with her
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my oldest daughter was 4 years and almost 6 months when we welcomed our 2nd one. the age difference has been amazing! shes our lil' helper and still plays well all on her own. shes not even into the whole jealousy thing. in fact, she tries to be lil' mommy with trying to change her diaper and give her her binky when she cries. its great! i wouldnt have done it any sooner or later. but it depends on your situation and if you can handle 2 year difference or more ...or even less. good luck! what ever decision you make, you know it will be right for your family!
    phairee004

Answer by phairee004 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i think recovery time you shouldnt conceive until two years - this way your bady gets back to normal - i am pregnant w/ # 2 child and i had decided to wait until my 1st was out of diapers so when my dd is 3 1/2 she will have a baby sister - it all depends on you
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 8:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Its whatever you feel is best for your family. My mom said it was easier to have us close, b/c, she was already at home with my brother, so why not have another one since its limits your lifestyle anyway. But, then she waited 4years after that to have another one! LOL I was the "screamer."
    My brother and I are 19months apart.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 9:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008