What is the best eyecolor for a 13 yo?

She likes to wear sparkly eyeshadow but I think she puts too much on.

tigergirl31

Asked by tigergirl31 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• take her to sephora .ulta or a teen approved make up counter such as mac or benifit.Make the apt earlier and put in a request for subtle make up.We did this when she was 14 and she wound up with subtle brown and beige's that did actually enhance the color of her eyes not overpower her eyes.She is almost 20 now and these colors are the base colors she wears 75% of the time still.More smokey for parties and all .The first time we did this even her dad was happy ,it wasn't the eye shadow he noticed but how even prettier her eyes were so it was dad approved.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Something very pale ...and if she wears too much, she should lose the privilege
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• tell her she can experiment with the darker application while you guys are home, but outside of the house she has to keep it a little more understated, less is more! As for colors, the teen years are the years to try things out and see what looks best. Let her try it, but like I said, tell her she has to keep it reasonable for school and stuff.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• None. That's too young to wear makeup. If anything maybe mascara and clear lipgloss max. Enhance the natural. I was able to start wearing those at 14, and then at 16 I could wear what I wanted as long as it was respectable and my mom taught me that the key to makeup is to make it look like I'm not wearing any. If I ever have a girl that will be what I do too.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• brown. IMO,a 13 yr ols shouldn't be wearing makeup beyond lip gloss

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Depends on her eye color. What color are her eyes?
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 1:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Very pale pink. I think all 13 year olds put on too much make up!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I didneye rollingt ask for anyones op. on age appropiateness.I asked what color would be best.I only allow her sheer lipgloss a little bit of blush and no other eyemakeup except eyeshadow.She just started recently putting it on darker than usual and I had to ask her to cleanse it off and she did lose pri.because she got an att. about it.

tigergirl31

Comment by tigergirl31 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Sorry, sounds like you're doing a good job. For colors I'd go with pink or maybe a shimmery white, or light brown- something feminine and natural/soft looking.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• maybe a pale, silvery blue
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010