how do i explain to my g-ma that i sell adult toys??? adult content

im not even sure she knows such things exist and if she does i DO NOT want to know any stories or anything she has to say...and what if she asks me questions???? oh god...advice??

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• HAHAHAHA!!!! i have to deal with the same thing! if you're selling the stuff, obviously you're comfortable discussing stuff like that with other people. if she really wants to know something, pretend like she's a customer. and if it helps, don't talk about it with her face to face. both of my grandparents wanted to know about everything we sell, and i told them face to face. never again. i don't get embarrassed easily but boy i did that day.
    aydensXmommy

Answer by aydensXmommy at 1:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Contrary to what we young folks think, our grandparents are generally not that innocent or unworldly. LOL I would be honest.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why do you even need to tell her this? I would personally just carry on with life and never tell a soul in my family what i was doing (they are all prudes). Just let your grandma be ingnorantly happy for you.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why would you be discussing this with grandma?
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• First I'm sure she knows what they are! You may not want to know that she knows! Second, why do you have to tell her?
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My husband was raised by his grandfather and for awhile he had a job working at an adult video store. One of his friends made a joke about it and apparently his grandfather turned to him and goes, "Producing them? Not in your room, right?" His grandfather STILL makes jokes about how Mike was a creepy guy selling porn.

You probably don't even need to explain it to her, but if she came right out and asked what your product was, you could just say adult products like lotions and massage oils...she'd probably get the hint. And if she kept asking, just give her more info-she'll stop asking if she doesn't want to know anymore.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Tell her you sell women's health products? It's true. They are women's sexual health products. LOL. No need to explain everything. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Just explain that you sell things to women that help them, pick up t where their husbands left off. I really don't know I guess it has to do with how prude she is, No offense, some grandma's are very uptight and some have stories that will make you you blush every time you see them. If she is open minded take her to a sex toy website if she is not open minded try to come up with a politically correct way of saying what you do.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• if all else fails you could invite her to one of the "parties". I know it might be awkward but it would be out in the open. . . But otherwise I would just do the whole acting like she is a customer and all. . . try over the phone though. . . that may be easier. GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• lol you'd probably be surprised at how many "PRAISE JESUS!!" christian ladies have come into my work. i say that because as they were looking at the toys, they kept yelling stuff about jesus LOL. and half the time they don't know anything about the stuff, but i remember one lady that kept telling her GRANDDAUGHTER that she buy this, this, and this. so you just never know.
    aydensXmommy

Answer by aydensXmommy at 1:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010