If my computer has a virus protector, Does that mean the virus CAN'T get through if I have one?

We have one and it said a virus was trying to harm our computer...but it didn't do anything else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Entertainment

• no, it can get through it depends on if the virus is strong or not and what kind of program you have whether its strong enough or not.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It said the virus was critical. How do I prevent it?
    Anonymous

• it probably already prevented it. it probably just told you that it was trying to get through. you can always run a full scan on your computer... and delete any trojans and viruses that come up. i would recommend making your setting on your antivirus program so it runs a full scan on your computer daily.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It was likely a warning to let you know there had been an attempt.
    What virus software are you running?

There is a virus that masquerades as a virus protector...it's called VirusResponse Lab 2009. It is malware and will try to bully you into buying a different virus protector by giving you these fake warnings and telling you the only way to get rid of it is with such and such software. It will throw up Windows XP warnings and everything.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Download Avast! antivirus. It's a free download and although you have to run a scan about once a week, this is the best virus protection I have ever had on my PC. It finds and deletes all harmful adware, spyware, and viruses.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• AVG is good, and runs automatically at the same time every day so you can set it to run when you're asleep if you want.
    Spybot Search & Destroy is the best spyware detector I've ever seen.
    Also, if you know your way around a computer, EndItAll is a great program to stop all those background programs from sucking up all your speed and power. It's also a good program for spotting programming incompatibilities and which programs are power suckers, since you can see exactly where your memory and cpu usage is going.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Thanks for the tips.
    Anonymous