i keep craving soda :(

how much is it okay to drink while prego =/
i WAS a sodaholic,lol.
i dont drink much of it but i want tooo.. =/

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• for a normal pregnancy, you can have up to 300 milligrams of caffeine a day. a pepsi has NOTHING close to that!! even a coffee i get from starbucks only has like 80 mg... enjoy just dont go crazy!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Me too! All I want is Coke! It's my only real craving and I tend to indulge sometimes daily. It's alright to have less than 200 mg of caffeine a day, more and you can increase your risk for miscarriage I guess. A 20 oz pop has around 50 mg or so, I think you'll be ok!
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 7:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I always craved soda when I was pregnant. I only had one a week.
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I drink soda at least every other day. No big deal. My baby is healthy and I'll be damned if I have to give up caffeine :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Try switching to diet or caffeine free. I know it's not that good tasting but I switched over a year ago and love it. I hate the real stuff now!
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 7:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I have drank pop with my first and my 2nd,

just switch back and forth, to water...
    more water than anything

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I drank pop everyday while pregnant, one a day....but Caffeine Free. Its just as good and doesnt give you the jitters if you are anxious. When I switched to CF 10 years ago, I never felt better. No Caffeine Highs and lows and no cravings!
    AmyHeinrich

Answer by AmyHeinrich at 8:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Actually the caffeine free is quite bad for your baby. It has so many chemicals in it to make up for the lack of real sugar. Try looking for a sparkling water that helps your urg for the fizziness and slowly wean yourself if it is the caffeine you crave. There are only a handful of things you have to give up for a short nine months to ensure the health of your baby. It is up to you to decide what the risks are and if its worth it to you.
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• There are sodas(pop) that have no caffeine--try Sierra Mist, Sprite or 7 Up. A little won't hurt you or the baby (well let's say it SHOULDN'T if you are experiencing a NORMAL pregnancy) if you don't overdo it.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008