blood in stool

2 month old dd got her shots today. She's been fussy, and I just changed a diaper that had a little bit of blood in her poo. Googled it, looks like no big deal. Anyone had this? Anyone know anything about it?

hbarlow

Asked by hbarlow at 7:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• blood in stool/pee = pediatrician, immediately
    Anonymous

• yea my son had the same thing happen to him i freaked out of course until the doc told me its just from him straining to poop...so no biggie dont worry over it...just from him straining.....try giving him apple juice or feed him some prunes...that helps ease it up
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• you should call your doctor and make sure he is ok. It is not normal and I would not trust the computer to diagnose what was wrong with my baby.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• it can just be from staining but if she wasn't having a hard time then you should get her checked and prob. call the dr anyways.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The question is, what does the blood look like? If it was bright red, like blood from straining, I wouldn't worry. If it looks like older blood, I would be concerned. Just to be safe you may want to call the afterhours line with the doc. But my daughter had that same problem, it was just from straining.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008