Divorce while in the army.... adult content

My friend and her husband are splitting, its consensual, however she does want to take him to court so that he only has supervised visits and for alimony.

is there any difference to this in the army?

does it have to be handled in jag courts or civilian courts

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 2:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• jag courts will not touch a civil matter, it has to go through civillian courts.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's a civilian matter, especially with the custody arrangements. It's not in the military court system's jurisdiction to decide matters like custody or visitation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Civilian court.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• wow the army must be super different than the marine corps. I went to the legal aid office on base, they helped me fill out all the paperwork, the only thing I had to do was file it with the court house. As far as alimony goes, she may not be entitled to any alimony at all. It all depends on the state, but she will definitely receive child support.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:38 AM on Sep. 7, 2010