Hi,Although I am busy with church activities, and obviously caring for my eleven month old and the house, sometimes I would like to pick up an additional hobby/activity that would generate money. However, there seems to be so many scams and schemes out here, it becomes discouraging. Are there any mothers out there who don't have to do loads of selling but do generate some sort of income (and not thousands of thousands of dollars within a month because that story is getting a bit redundant)?

Looking To Successfully Work At Home Without Scams and Schemes

Asked by MzAnn09 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• You should look at They have advice and information about different work at home opportunities. My advice is to find something you really love and you will not feel like you are just pushing some product on people. In my personal experience there is a huge difference in selling something you don't really believe in and sharing something you really love. I have had a few jobs that required sales and I hated them all or at least the sales part. Now I am an Arbonne consultant and I really love what I do. I believe in the products which I use myself and can't help sharing with others and that really makes all the difference in the world. Another thing I recommend is to check for information on how to avoid scams. They have very strict requirements for membership and their site has really helpful advice on what to look out for.

Answer by rasbneon at 11:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Hi! I know how you feel about wanting to make extra income. And everything you seem to run across wants 500.00 dollers to get started or something crazy like that. Im a single mom and work fulltime. I recently found something that has been really good to me . I think it may interest you. I would love to give you mor info. Let me know if you are interested ok. Theres no risk with this . And you can work on it when ever you want. I got to go for now. Kids need me!

Answer by Kellym1776 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I work with Market America, we are a product brokerage and Internet marketing company. I specialize in customized cosmetics but there are other options. We only require you retail $200 once a quarter. You don't loose your hard earned business volume, if you don't have enough to kick out a check that month it rolls over for up to 365 days. You have tons of professional training that is free. And best of all its not set up like a MLM you never get paid on bringing people in but on retail and business volume. Its NOT a get rich quick thing it takes work and dedication.

Answer by motivesmom at 10:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I understand what you are saying. I have a hobby that earns money. I love learning about herbs and what they will help then offering products to people. If you are interested in what I do give me an e-mail!

Answer by GarlicMom at 12:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Have you thought about making something and selling it on ebay or etsy? I make soy candles and hairbows and sell them online. You could also sell them here on cafemom and other social sites. Or you could look into doing something like Shaklee or Jewels by Park Lane or another direct sale company and if you do not want to do home parties then do catalog and online parties. Like someone else said is a great place to search and so is and blogs (my blog is . There are also some survey sites out there but you have to be careful of those because you could end up spending money in order to complete the survey. Feel free to contact me if you have any ?s when you are searching. I have tried so many things and been scamed by a few before finally learning what to look for and what to My email is . Good Luck!

Answer by AmeriplanMom at 1:34 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I have 3 small children and researched long and hard for a work at home job. I really wanted to contribute to my family and keep my kids with me during the day. So I did lots of research and I found a great career! I recently have come across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. It is an Inc. 500 manufacturing company. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we're already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer & healthier. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! I never have to leave my house to be successful! If you would like some more information, please feel free to ask me about how I made it happen for my family! I would love to share the information about our company! I think if you hear all the details about working for this company it will make so much sense to you.

Answer by tafania at 10:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Hi. My name is Lisa and I'm a stay at home mom to two wonderful children, ages 2 and 6. They keep me busy, but I love every minute of it!
    I wasn't always a stay at home mom, however. Before having my second child, I had a great job that paid me well enough that I could afford childcare. But after having my second child, my income couldn't justify the cost of childcare any longer.
    I had searched for a work at home job for two years. This had proven very difficult to find, as most advertisements I'd come across were scams! That was until I saw an ad on a car that was parked at the zoo. I visited the website and requested more information.
    I am so lucky to have found this wonderful opportunity to work from home with my kids by my side. Not only have I found a legitimate work at home job, but it has also helped me go GREEN and earn GREEN while doing it. Let me help you do the same!
    Come visit me at www.MomsGoneGreen.Biz

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 2:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Check out this website to see some great opprtunities from moms who are already working at home.

Some of the opportunities are free and soem have start up cost. I hope you find what your looking for.

Answer by higmommy at 3:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Here is a work at home group where moms truly helping each other. Please copy and paste this URL into your browser and check us out! I hope to see you there. We give you your first 2 sign ups when you join through the group! And you only have to give 1 hour a day of your time!

Answer by mommyto2boys77 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I started doing Avon to supplement my income from home, it has almost doubled my pay in the last 4 months. I do it online, which is a great help since i have a 9 month old baby. If you'd like, look at my website, and see how it works. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. :) Good luck!

Answer by Gaaeia at 4:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2008