i feel like i've been slipping at work. should i talk to my boss about it.

it is a very smll private practice (physician) woth only 2 employees including me. i feel like i havent been doing all that great the last few months because of a LOT of personal stuff going on in my life. im wondering if i should talk to her and say "i'm sorry i havent been doing as good of a job as usual but i've had a lot of personal things going on lately. i am going to do better." my year anniversary is coming up on Oct. 2, 2010. i want to bring it up to her just to kind of clear the air a little but than at the same time i dont think i should because me and the other girl do the work of like 5 people. so im like, shes working us hard but still gets mad about my small mistakes. doesnt seem right. what do ya'll think? of any of this.

iluvmybabe

Asked by iluvmybabe at 2:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't bring it up actions speak louder than words. Just step up your game. Like Hotmama said she may not have noticed. Saying I haven't beein doing as well lately is just opening a door to be let go. Just prove your worth keeping on ;)
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I agree that you should focus on doing better and not say anything at all. If its a big issue I am sure you will hear about it anyway.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If she hasn't said anything to you then I wouldn't say anything either. She's probably satisfied with your work and if you point out your flaws she'll start seeing them, too. Now, if she would say something to you, then you could explain yourself.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't bring it up or she'll replace you with someone else. With the economy as it is, I wouldn't take chances... Either try to work through this yourself or find another job.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 2:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010