Does your husband smoke and you dont?

Last year my husband and I decided to stop smoking together and up until now he has been bumming smokes off of people at work! Then yesterday he texts me "I got a pack" I was like pack of what? and he told me he got smokes! I was dissapointed because we quit together and I just think it smells awful on clothing!!!

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 2:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Health

• my husband doesnt smoke and i do! he is constantly bugging me to quit and i just cant do it yet. planning to quit eventually though, but would prefer to do it on my own without someone bugging the crap out of me!!
    catngabsmom

Answer by catngabsmom at 2:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes me and my DH stoped smoking together in 1995 I think. I have not smoked sense. But my DH started smoking again behind my back for who knows how many years. Tell I found a pack in his car. I told him he will not smoke in the house.

Answer by louise2 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I understand what you mean but I feel like he was trying to somewhat hide it from me I wish he would have talked to me about what he wanted to do and then go from there!
    mommaofemma

Comment by mommaofemma (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Df does smoke and I dont. He's always smoked and I've never smoked. I just get use to it because I love him and smoking is his choice not mine
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I've never really smoked and my SO does. I don't mind the smoke really because I grew up with 2 smokers.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why did he start smoking again??? There r no health benefits to it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my husband smokes and I dont. never had an interest but living with my grandparents and my grandad smokes 3 packs plus a day made me not want to
    BriceAllisonMom

Answer by BriceAllisonMom at 2:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I've never smoked, but DH has smoked since who knows how long .. And he still does. I HATE the smell of it on clothing and on his breath, but he won't quit. He used to tell me "I'm cutting back" .. which I know was BS .. Now he doesn't even lie to me anymore he just smokes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I smoke and my SO doesn't...I try to be considerate, chewing lots of gum, and brushing my teeth alot... I quit while I was pregnant with my son, and it was very easy to do then, but I tried to quit again recently, and it was very difficult, I think I might give it a try again soon
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My husband smokes and I quit 6 months after I started at 14. He smokes in the bathroom and if we have 5 bucks and need milk and he needs smokes he gets smokes and we get kool aide. I get very resentful about the habit, why does anybody need a pack a day? I tell him to make a pack last 2 days because there is not another dime in this house but he cannot do it. It is so frustrating, I just feel like there are so many people who can quit why can't he
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010