Do you plan your own Birthday celebration or have one at all?

I seem to get depressed when my birthday rows around. What do you do for your birthday? Should a dinner and or a movie be all there is? Do you go on a personal retreat and celebrate alone?

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 2:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband and children plan my birthday celebration.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm a single mom. I make my favorite dinner and buy myself some flowers. That's about it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We usually go to the Pumpkin Fest but this year it was cancelled!! BOOOOO! I would plan my own party if I wanted to though.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Heck yeah I do..Well sort of. My birthday is on Aug 25th so I plan for us to go to WI Dells to an indoor waterpark for a few days. We celebrate my birthday and the end of summer. It's our only time really to do something fun as a family because my husband's work schedule is so hectic. Don't feel bad about getting depressed. I do too. I turned 36. My mother died when she was 37 of colon cancer so I've been a little down.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I never do anything. My family lives on the east coast and my husband is in and out so for the past few yrs it's just been me and the kids and pretty basic day. I love my birthday i wish i could do something fun and exciting for once.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 2:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If nobody says anything to me...even just to say happy birthday to me I get really bummed....but other than that I find it to be an excuse to make a huge cake and eat it ...lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We usually go out to dinner for my birthday.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I spend the day with the kids and my husband tells me to go ahead and buy something I want since he is always buying me stuff I won't use. I did however plan my own bday bash when I hit 21, got a limo, had a bab-b-q before it arrived and got into all the clubs for free because of the limo driver he had a bday pass but it was something I only did that one time
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks, ladies. I'm going to buy myself some balloons, tie it to my front door (inside) so every time someone opens the door, they will see it, and bake myself a cake, too (LOL)
    ladylovemm

Comment by ladylovemm (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My 3rd child was born on my 36th birthday--so he has kind of taken over the day (which is ok with me and it should be all about him as he is little). I will have a party for him on a Saturday near our birthday- and my parents/sis wish me a happy birthday and give me a card or present as well. Then on the actual birthday I will make a meal at home and buy a bakery cake -- for both of us. My hubs usually takes me out for a birthday meal on or around my birthday.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010