will this relationship ever work out ?

I have been involved with a married man for two years. Two months ago, he assured me that he signed divorce papers and was legally divorced. I have yet to see the papers. Things were moving on for us slowly but surely. His wife moved out of the state. Now she has come back for a funeral of a friend. He failed to tell me she was back in town and I found out she is staying at their house where he still lives. I want to trust him, but am beginning to have my doubts.

frozenintime

Asked by frozenintime at 2:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I have a big heart and always try to see the better in someone and end up getting hurt but i can say if u feel like he is lying then go with ur gut and believe me your intuition is always right ..!
    izajasmad

Answer by izajasmad at 4:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would wonder since she left the state. Why won't he let u see divorce papers. Why did she move out of state? Why is she staying at the house instead of a motel??? I would question all of this.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• HOW can you trust a man who BETRAYED his MARRIAGE VOWS TO BE WITH YOU? honestly where is your self respect? why do you value yourself SO LITTLE that you accept this DOG in your life? you are like a kleenex to a man who betrays his wife.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no it will not work out. It began in deception and it will probably end that way too. Good luck though.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 2:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think the odds of it going anyplace are pretty slim. I wouldn't waste any more of my time if I were you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• He cheated on his wife with you...why wouldn't he cheat on you with his ex?
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's a pretty safe bet that "Once a cheater always a cheater" . If they are really divorced, call the wife and ask!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• She's staying at his place? Great! Here's your chance to show up at his door when she's there and confront him and ask if they are legally divorced and if there is anything still going on between them? Chances are high you'll get your answer...
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 2:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• First of all .. He's commiting adultry. What makes you think that you're the only side dish he has, and will ever be the only one? Ontop of that, I think he used the excuse of her being out of state as a way to get you off of his back. And she's conviently "staying" at his place while she's in town. How likely of a story. I think that she still lives there, they're not divorced, and he's stringing you along like a toy dog. Dump the douche bag and find a better man.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010