any one live in or near Corning NY?

inlimbomom

Asked by inlimbomom at 2:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Travel

• i live near it, but not that close, closer to bath
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Hi, I am getting ready to move there due to my husbands job...He works for Corning. We are coming up this weekend to look for somewhere to live and I was wondering if you have any suggestions. Guess we will look at apts first even though we would love to rent a house but so far the relator only has three options for us to see.
    also looking for a church. we are Baptist and I am finding that there arent that many Baptist churches in the area. Have been told that we should stay in the Corning/Painted Post or Horseheads school districts...any comment there? Also looking for a family dr and will need several specialist.... someone said i should go to rochester for specialist? this is all just a bit overwhelming...any information or suggestions woudl be appreciated.
    inlimbomom

Comment by inlimbomom (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I live about 2 1/2 hours from there.. in middleport, ny (halfway between buffalo and rochester, hence the name).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• but as for most of that stuff I'm sorry I can't give you more info about that area.. Only been to there in passing on the way to PA.

For things to do in western ny, that I could help with, but that's about it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:32 AM on Sep. 7, 2010