• In the Spotlight:

How many is too many?

I know there are a lot of shows with the 8 kids and then the family with 19 children all with the names starting with 'J'. So how many is too many? Should there be a limit on how many children you should have? Do you think it's causing the planet to be over populated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• As long as you are able to feed, cloth, and care for them on your own without government assistance, who cares how many a person has???

For some one can be one to many because they can't support the child....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Good question! yes it is a reason the world is becoming overpopluated. I know some religions promote you to have lots of children, that way there are more of that religion. I don't know an exact number, but when you have too many, children can get neglected. I don't think it's fair for the kids.
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 7:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Yes but most of these families ARE getting assistance because they have their OWN show!
    Anonymous

• The family with 18 are the Duggars....and their children are so polite, smart, and good.....most people cant turn out 1 kid like theirs.....so to me....its all about what you want and what you can handle....as long as they are all getting what they need, food, cloths, love ect....then its a personal choice!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• What happens if one of the kids decide that they don't believe in that religion?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• "As long as you are able to feed, cloth, and care for them on your own without government assistance, who cares how many a person has???"

There wasn't anything in there about loving them. Heck yes you can have too many! If you have a lot, kids can get lost in the shuffle, I agree with jungleamy, it's not fair to the kids
    Anonymous

• You classify them getting assistance as having their own show? I consider that work and a smart business move....assistance is when you get a check in the mail for breathing.
    Anonymous

• lol..it's nobodies business but your own, have as many kids as you're capable of caring for..and don't forget the expenses!! :D
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 7:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Imogine.....what do you mean......the Duggars? I guess they will cross that bridge when they come to it and deal with it the way they see fit....like other families.....?
    Anonymous

• Neglect can happen even with just 1 kid. If you are feeding and clothing and caring for them then chances are you are LOVING them.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008