dont no what to do

ok almost a year ago i lost my mom will my aunts tryin to be my mom and my kids grandmal what do i do how do i keep from hurtin her feelings

Runt420

Asked by Runt420 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Try to limit the time with her if you don't want her around, make excuses why you're busy..she'll get the hint
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• if shes a good person, not too bothersome,  let her become more involved in yours and the children's life. Maybe she thinks they need a Grandmother example around.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I understand where she is coming from ... she probably thinks it is her role to do that sine the grandma is missing.... just think about how you can nicely tell her that you dont want her to replace her and tell her ... or you can even write it in a letter
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 2:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• How very nice of your aunt to step in and attempt to fill the void left by grandma's death. I'm sure she understands that those shoes can never really be filled, but that's just wonderful that she's helping your children to have a relationship with a grandma-figure. Just set some boundaries on it and let her know how much she is appreciated.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• She's grieving too .. and trying to help your family not feel grandma's absence so strongly. Just set some limits that you're comfortable with and then enjoy the fact that she's so loving towards you and your children.
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 2:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why do you not want her too? I think that she is only trying to help. The kids need a grandma and you need someone to lean on. Family is gone too fast and I would think you'd want her close. If you don't though I would just not be available when she calls or stops by
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm not seeing a problem unless you just don't like your aunt. Were you close before your mom passed away? Is she your mom's sister? Maybe she is just trying to cope with the loss the best way she knows how.

Cut her a little slack.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010