Can spicy food affect the unborn baby?

newmomdanielle

Asked by newmomdanielle at 8:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• not that i've heard... may cause some seirous heartburn later that night tho.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Do you know that some spices can cause labor and real problems! I was shocked to find that out. Try to pick up a copy of a book called...What to expect when you're expecting. It will tell ya all about it! good luck
    Anonymous

• What to expect when is expecintg is a great book, to an extent...the book was made in 1984 alot of stuff has changed since then. So to answer your question.. spicy food is definitely fine to eat when you are pregnant,but it may also give you indegestion or heartburn.. which is just irritating.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• It can't hurt the baby... and if you eat some spicier foods when you're pregnant, it could help your baby "tolerate" it more if/when you breastfeed.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I have heard that it can cause acid reflux in the unborn baby. I used to eat allot of spicy food while I was pregnant and now my son was born with acid reflux and my pedi said it was probably caused by that.
    jaevenmomma

Answer by jaevenmomma at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• if heard it was good...then i heard it was because ur body needed to burn bacteria...idk but my baby loves to make me eat really really hot things lolz
    LuLu614

Answer by LuLu614 at 3:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I've heard that some spicy foods can help to induce labor but who knows if it's true or not. Other than that it's mostly just bad for you because of the heartburn and indigestion!
    CMcDougal

Answer by CMcDougal at 6:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2008