Anyone go into labor super early without losing baby?

Has anyone gone into labor alot earlier than expected without losing the baby? I dont mean a couple weeks but more like a couple months?

fashionmommy375

Asked by fashionmommy375 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went into labor at 28 weeks but they were able to stop the labor. I delivered a healthy baby girl 10 weeks later
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• y mom had me when she was only 28 weeks pregnant. I weighed 3lbs and 3 oz. and lived on breathing machines and feeding tubes for 2 months. Her due date was february 21 I was born december 11
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yes ,I went into labor with my bright ,healthy ,athletic will be 14 yrs old 9-20 at around 28 -29 weeks.Oh my gosh I can't believe I have forgotten the exact date because I fell very hard ,have Lupus and was 39 so a prime candidate for early labor.I did exactly as I was told by the docs ,got to come home with total bed rest,a pain he is no. 3 ,and ta da he was born at 35 weeks and 3 days.We stayed 2 extra days for various reasons.Never stop believing, it happens more than you think because the happy ending stories fade away in the day to day life of a healthy baby.Good luck.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• a good friend of mine did. They stopped the labor, and then had to induce it fifteen weeks later, because the little bugger didn't want to come out!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• A friend of mines Grandfather. Yes, her grandfather! Was born at 2 months early and survived! This had to be around 90 years ago so that is an inspirational story for sure! No medical interventions back then. They had him in a wooden box by the stove and didn't expect him to make it through the night.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• our son was hospitalized in the twin cities and they had a "wall of fame" outside their NICU for micropreemiesi saw a preemie born at i wanna say it was like 24 weeks and weighed 11ounces (less than a can of soda!) and they had a picture of her graduating college recently she went for nursing :) our son was 5 weeks early and he spent NO extra time i the hospital initially. he had issues later but he came home with us after he was born. Medical technology is amazing but time is of the essence.
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my baby was born 7 weeks early and is doing great. he's almost 4 months old now, but should be about 2 months old. he was in the nicu at the hospital for 26 days. there were babies in the NICU with him that were 1-3.5 months early.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• the time in the NICU is extremely difficult, but almost all babies born after 30 weeks end up just fine once they reach 37-40 weeks.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010