Yeast Infections

How do you know when you have one? Please, no rude answers, I've never had one so I'm not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Health

• you may also get some swelling, and a burning feeling. if you think you might have one, and never have before, they recommend going to the doc just to be sure, since you don't know what to expect, it may be something a bit more serious and the doc will be able to tell you
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 7:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• You itch like crazy....you will know if you have one.....its the kind of itch that makes you want to pull you hair out.....they make over the counter remedies and yogurt helps too!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Monistat day or night works the best!! Youll know it if you have one though. You will be horribly itchy, have an odor and constant discharge. Its horrible!!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• itchy with discharge, if you think you have one you probably do. but there is this new test thing from vagisil i think and you can test to see what the infection really is..
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 7:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• sometimes they say it can sting a little when you pee but when i had one i never detected it no burning or discomfort
    jenjenjennifer

Answer by jenjenjennifer at 7:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I have no itching or burning... none of that, but I do have yellowish discharge, kinda smells, not too bad...
    Anonymous

• You might just be in the beginning stages of a yeast infection...I'd go to the dr to make sure. A home remedy i've heard good things about, is wrapping a garlic clove inside some cheese cloth and popping it up there...garlic is a natural antibiotic and natural anti-fungal.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 5:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008