What do you do when your 2 year old yells at you?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I send her to her room.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• when my son was 2 he never yelled at me, but I think if he did I would have to recheck how I acted in front of him cause he probably learned how to yell at me from me yelling at him or someone else.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Get down to her level and explain to her that is not acceptable. Tell her nicely to stop yelling at you and why you don't want her to yell at you. Tell her that you can hear her just fine without her yelling at you
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I had a counting down system with requests to use an indoor voice. once i reached 3 his hiney got a sound smack and in his room he went till he could control himself.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• try really hard to remember that she is 2 and not yell back...then I either give her a time out or put her in her room depending on how bad it was.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I tell her not to yell and if she does it again she goes in time out for 2 minutes,
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I calmly pick up my son, put him in his room and tell him when he can control his voice, he can come out. Then i go to my room and say a prayer.
    wmmom06

Answer by wmmom06 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have an almost 2 year old. And I usually put him in his room and tell him "When he can behave himself he can come out."
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Spanked their little bottoms so that they had a small reason to yelp!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• when son dose that i tell him that i can do that too but it dosn't solve the problem we r having so calm down in ur room for 5 minutes n then we can talk he such a trooper when he is sleepy
    chipNskip

Answer by chipNskip at 3:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2010