Powerpuff Girls

My kids usually don't watch tv much ..and when they want to it is usually on the preschool channel... well when we were at a friend's house the other day her little girl was watching Powerpuff girls and now my 4 year old daughter seems obbsessed with it... we even had to dvr it because she only wants to watch it... at first I didnt care but then I actually watched it and I know it has to be for older kids, because of some of the "jokes" and things they say

would you ever let your kids watch it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• We LOVE powerpuff girls! Granted when I first heard about the show so many years ago, I wasnt sure what to think. But I really dont think there is anything wrong with them. There are a lot of "inside" jokes, but my dd who is now 11 is just now begenning to understand those jokes. My ds is almost 6. We rented powerpuff girls for him and he loves them as much as we do. He doesnt get half the stuff said, but he thinks they are cute and funny anyway.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• wow I must be a blonde I never noticed the bad older jokes or anything...umm I also didnt know it was still on but my sister is really mature but she also isnt a bad girl she grew up watching it so yeah I'd let my kids watch it...
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Not my littlest one but my 6 year old I would. I used to watch it and think he might like it actually... I don't think I would let my 2 year old watch it though. It's not bad per-say and as far as violence goes it's very cartoonish and not so real like some other cartoons. The jokes sometimes are a little off color sometimes but most would go over little heads. I haven't seen it in years so I may watch an episode then change my mind!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My daughter's 16 now but from 5 to about 8, she loved the Powerpuff Girls. I thought they were pretty cute myself.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We don't have those stations, so my kids have never had the option to watch it. But yeah, I would let them watch it if they wanted it and we had the option... I don't censor what they watch... If it's on TV, it's not porn and it's not overly gory, so I have no reason to try and shield them from it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I love powerpuffgirls.  That's the great thing about it, there are jokes for adults that kids will never get.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• powerpuff girls are awesome! I think you are one of those people who look WAY too deeply into things!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010