Life Debilitating Anxieties and Fears

Do you have any?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 3:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Health

• I'm a recovering agoraphobic. I stayed within my comfort zone for three full years, it took a year of exposure and response therapy to snap me out of it enough to go back to what one might consider a "normal life". I did not use anti-anxiety medications. It's been three years since I got out, and I still find myself reverting to the behavior at times of stress. The worst thing about anxiety disorders is that they can be so difficult to work on due to the intensity of the stress response, it's absolutely exhausting at times.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I use to have social anxiety ... it was so bad I couldnt do anything by myself ( not even go into a store) ... I wouldnt go anywhere at all, not to friends houses, not to school, and if we went to a buffet style restraunt I would sit there and starve before I would wak in front of people and pick out food.....

I went on meds for about 6 months and then stopped and even though sometimes i hate the idea of going around people I dont know.... I usually like doing those sorts of things now
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 3:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It sounds like you could be mildly bipolar and at that point in time you were having a bad episode.
    mama2zack

Answer by mama2zack at 3:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010