At home dopplers

So against everyone's warning, I bought the Sonoline B 3 mhz home doppler on Amazon for $55.00. I got it Thursday and used it Thursday and Sunday. I found the heart beat right away, but it was way higher than the ones I got at the doctor. Today, I could not find it. It made me a little worried. I am 13 weeks pregnant. They have been able to find the heart beat at the doctor at 10 weeks, 11 1/2 weeks, and 12 1/2 weeks. I'm thinking of sending this back. Anyone else have similar issues with a home doppler and all was well with the baby?

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 3:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had one and loved it. It's hard to find the heartbeat when you are that early.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• That is really early for finding the heartbeat. Thats why people aren't supposed to buy them and use them on their own.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have one and have never once had a problem finding it if you buy it know you arnt a dr then don't worry about it when you can't find it 13 weeks is early for the at home doppler id wait a few weeks then try again and not worry until you're farther along bc they are harder to find that early
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• if it was around 200+ when you found it it wasn't your child's heartbeat but an echo of your heartbeat in your uterus.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Or you can just get a fetoscope and avoid all the unnecessary exposure & risk.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't worry if you can't find it. You are still really early in your pregnancy.
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 7:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010