REAL LAZY FIANCE/ KIDS DADDY

I AM GETTING MARRIED IN A WEEK. BUT HE DEPENDS ON ME TO DO EVERYTHING FROM LAUNDRY TO THE KIDS AND GREAT SEX. OH YEAH DID I MENTION THAT I WORK 10 HOURS. WELL HE DOES 12 AND THATS IT!!!!!!! I HAVE TO PICK KIDS UP ON THE WAY HOME ETC. uuuggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!IM TIRED WHAT DO I DO HOW CAN I FIX THIS MESS??????????????HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I feel your pain! I have been married for almost 9 years and my dh is lazier now then he has ever been! I have my kids help me out and sometimes dh will help,but for some reason he feels that his job is more tiring then mine. I have tried writing him letters, talking to him in a quiet, nonjudgemental way and he will help for awhile. I have not found an answer yet! Good luck! I just remind myself that I can not change him,but change my way of dealing with it. I just threw a empty hairspray bottle at him yesterday, but that didn't work,it just made him throw out "F"bombs. I was needing some help with the dishes,needless to say, I did them myself!
    momoftwoboys420

Answer by momoftwoboys420 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• He's not going to change once you are married! Relize that now. I have too many friends who thought that they could chamge a man and belive me it just dosn't work that way. all you can do is 1 not marry him or 2 deal w/ it as best you can. try talking to him about it. See if he realises how much you do and that you do need help...somedays they think that we want to be super mom....hope that helps and good luck!
    PennyMom

Answer by PennyMom at 9:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My hubby figured out real quick that if he wants the dishes done, he needs to do them. He does his own laundry. I told him from the moment we decided to move in together that I work full time just like he does & I would NOT be the only 1 to do housework, cooking, etc.. It's worked out really well, he does his chores, I do mine. If I cook, he does dishes & vice versa.
    You have to put your foot down NOW & mean it!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 10:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2008