My son has an imagiary friend!

Her name is Miss.Princesswoman...she wears a blue big dress, my son's age, blue hair and blue green eyes.
:) So, I think it is adorable but when does he stop asking me if his princess can do things? i am guessing that it is just a way that he can validate that she is real???
i don't mind so much.. i give her half of my sons food so she can eat with him
:) , i put the seat belt around her when we go places.. but OM gosh!! He asks everything .. momma, can my princess play with this? Momma, can my Miss.Princesswoman dance? lol When does that slow down lol??

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• All of my kids did that ... and it wore off after a few weeks, no worries.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think that is so cute. I think it will slow down soon. It is all new to him.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It is normal, especially if he is an only child. He should grow out of it.

If it really bothers you, get him a real friend like a toy soldier, etc.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• As soon as something else catches his attention, he'll be on to the next thing. It's adorable though!
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 4:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It doesn't truly bother me as in makes me mad or anything.. just a bit annoying lol when you hear it alllll day... every where we go. I do though try my hardest to keep her involved.. like.. when we cross the street and I know that she is with us, i tell him to hold her hand so we can cross the street. I do agree.. it is adorable ^_^ He has a great imagination and I don't want to hinder it at all..
    midnight11287

Comment by midnight11287 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My daughter also had one when she was 3, she would tell me when her friend got to the house, what her friend liked to eat and do and her friends name was Kiara have no clue where she got the name from but it was cute, it lasted about 3 weeks and we never heard of Kiara again.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well, he has been talking about her for a while now.. (he is for and has been talking about her for around 4 months) but has never truly started this until 4 days ago. He would always say maybe one thing about her like... once or twice a week and that it. So, i didn't hear of her often.. I guess yall are right. xD He will find something new soon. Thanks!
    midnight11287

Comment by midnight11287 (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My son is two and also has an imaginary friend. She popped up right when I started working again, lol. Apparently she looks just like me and makes him his favorite snacks and kisses his boo boos. It makes my husband mad because he's jealous of "two mommy."

He'll probably lose tough with Miss. Princesswoman once he finds a new favorite toy or something like that.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 5:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My dd had a few imaginary friends for a little while! There was Derek, Ollie (we think he was the basement ghost because she was always closer to the basement when she either called for him or saw him or ran from him). There weren't really any girls but this phase stopped (besides Ollie) when we got dd barbies. Had to get her a boy one that she named Derek and the girl one is named kiadie. It's cute but like they find even more reasons to repeat "mommy!! Mommy!!!". It was cute and kind creepy when Ollie was around.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my child is 3 and he used to "talk" to someone sometimes. we could hear it over the monitor. but my story is different than maybe what you are going through.... but i would guess that if u have an only child sometimes to make up for lack of some friends they would make up their own. does ur child go to daycare? mine does 3 days a week just to play with other kids. im a stay at home mom but i feel he needs that interaction good luck!!!
    AIDEN032807

Answer by AIDEN032807 at 12:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010