how long after can i get pregnant again

i have an eight week old and i don't want a child yet but i would like to have another in 2012. will my body be ok to go through another pregnancy in a year? (perfectly healthy)

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You should talk to your doctor about what he/she thinks would be alright for you. Also, you know, or should know your body pretty well, so you should also know when you're ready to have another. Usually it's said to be safe 6 weeks after. But that's up to you and your dr. Just be safe and enjoy being a mommy. hope this helps :)
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 4:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Anytime time now. Take your precautions because you can GET pregnant right after having a baby.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well, look at my homepage! and best of luck to you!
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• As long as u and baby r healed from the birth then I would say use precautions and good luck!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yep, I wanted my boys close together, but I wanted my oldest to be at least a year before we started for another. My sons are 1 year and nine months apart. lol I'd say we got right on it. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• They recommend waiting for 18 months. So your body can recover from the birth. But really it is up to you when you want a another child.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my cousin just had her second baby 18 months after the birth of the first the second pregnancy was easier than the first and the baby was a lot bigger LOL it's a case by case thing play it by ear you might find you're just not ready but ultimately it comes down to how your body recovers. So take extra good care of yourself eat right get rest work out etc and you should be fine
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You need a min of 9 months for your body to fully go back to pre-pregnancy (weight loss, uterus going back to its shape, skin elasticity, hormones are back to normal).. but my OB/GYN said she would wait 3 years for EVERYTHING to go back to the way it was before.
    If I had the money I would have had my babies back to back to back though. :(
    FateoftheGodz

Answer by FateoftheGodz at 7:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My sister have babies 11 months apart. Well lets just say she had another baby before her last one turned one. It is very easy to get pregnant after you have given birth unless there is some kind of medical issues that you face. My best guest is that if you want to wait until 2012 try birth control as an option. Good luck.
    Sabrina W.

Answer by Sabrina W. at 8:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010