How gullible are you?

This is mostly for moms looking for work at home. I have seen a certain company claim " Better Business Bureau Recommended"

DONT FALL FOR THIS FAT LIE!!! ITS MISLEADING, THIS COMPANIES ASSOCIATES ARE INFAMOUS FOR IT. in my opinion its dishonest and you dont want to work with dishonest people.

READ BBB policies on recommending businesses.

Hint (They Dont), its against thier policy.

http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-faqs/

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 4:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am not gullible. I always do my research and get my facts straight before doing anything.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Great Job Adriana, I hope you will share you knowledge with others, so many mommies dont knkow how to do that, you have a good skill.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm a skeptic at heart ... I do my own research and don't take anyone's word as truth until I've check it out for myself.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Not a bit
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have seen that in a number of answers to moms who want to work at home. I never believe any of them that say they are making fantastic money working from home.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• FootballMom85 , itsmesteph11 , & HotMama330 I'm glad to see you protecting yourself. Money is tight for many, some people will say anything to get you in.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes, I am skeptical about a lot of things, but I do my research. There are some great companies out there who do hire from home. But, I would never pay a fee or anything like that. I have applied to various customer service jobs at home, mostly call center, however, my computer does not meet their requirements. I usually Google the company and ask lots of questions before I even sign anything. For instance, if you reply to a blind box ad via internet, you should always ask to receive more information about the company before ever sending them a Resume. I hate ads that ask for this type of information up front.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Those are good step to take in researc m-avi, Thanks for sharing!
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• There are jobs you can do from home but you have to be very careful. My husband worked from home for our Internet provider Century Link (or what ever it's called now) he was the person you get when your internet doesn't work and you call that 1-800 number. Believe it or not most of those people are from home. If you can get a legit job from a legit business than it's awesome. He was paid pretty well too and no you don't have to have experience they train you for a few weeks and you get paid during that time, he got 15 an hour just for training. And no not BSing. I'm not a big computer person and I sat in a few of his lessons and omg even I could do the job after training.
    BUT most of those advertising jobs from home are fake.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm not gullible at all. I don't believe or trust someone right off the bat especially if they're trying to recruit me or sell me something. When people tried to sell me stuff over the phone I would ask for information through the mail so I could read through it first. Anyone who does not want to disclose all the information upfront is probably running a scam.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:15 AM on Sep. 8, 2010