What to get a 2 yr old for his birthday...

He loves tractors! but his g-ma has gone crazy about that, and has gotten him WAY TOOO MANY TRACTORS...my house is filled with them... he loves farm stuff, and gators, and 4 wheelers... but he has all of that... I don't know what to get him..

BradensMom1026

Asked by BradensMom1026 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he's got a lot...why not do a big cake and ice cream bash and then one big toy? Or a day trip somewhere, like to a farm or zoo? My son is two and this year we did a small party with family and close friends and then took him to the aquarium. He loves it. For his present we took him to pick out a few things for his new room that he needed and then we made a donation to the aquarium in his name.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 5:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Something small, that he will enjoy. And a great birthday cake and a fuss made over him with lots of hugs and kisses to tell him that he is special to you.
    It sounds as if he has plenty, and he is only 2. No need to over-do it.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My son is obsessed with balls. So for his 2yr old bday party we asked everyone to bring a ball. He got basketballs, footballs, soccerballs, a blow up ball pit with little balls to go inside. OMG he is having a blast. Everyday he plays with his sports equipment. He can hit a baseball off a t-ball set, he can dunk a basketball, throw a football, its so cute! And he just turned 2 a week ago! He loooves sports. Along with sports he loves baths.
    So we got him bath toys. He has a basketball set for the tub, letters, numbers, boats, and anything that goes in the tub.
    Hope that helps :)
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 4:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I certainly wouldn't get him anything large, if he's already got 2 motorized jeeps and he's only 2. Balls and Hot Wheels are good suggestions.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If you know any one that owns a real tractor, ask them if they would take him for a ride on it. I bet it would make his day.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Get him something to color? Like a tractor coloring book? :) Plus he won't be offended if you don't get him anything. Or tractor bed set, and a tractor pillow.
    FateoftheGodz

Answer by FateoftheGodz at 7:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why dont you get him a baby dum set or piano my twin boys are into baseball so i got them a baseball set and a drum set and they think they are rock stars its so much fun seen them playing the drums
    twinmommy177

Answer by twinmommy177 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my 2 yr old son loves hot wheels. he practically collects them and theyre only 99 cents per hot wheel. or get him a tricycle.
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 4:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We live on a ranch, so there's tractors everywhere, and he loves to ride, he throws a fit when i come to get him...we were thinking of getting him motorized gator, but grandma has already gotten him 2 jeeps
    BradensMom1026

Comment by BradensMom1026 (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010